News and Events
The Mauritius Meteorological Services has been certified MS ISO 9001:2008 by the Mauritius Standards Bureau.
Precautions during torrential rain
As soon as a torrential rains warning comes in force, the public is advised to take the following precautions:
- Keep school children indoors and not to send them to school
- Avoid to venture near flooded rivers and streams and overflowing bridges
- Avoid taking long trip in vehicles, especially in flood prone areas. Do not cross flooded bridges or submerged areas either by foot or by vehicles
- In flood prone areas, secure your belongings and properties. If the water level continues to rise in flood prone areas, evacuate the area if necessary.
- Avoid going near hill or mountain slopes prone to landslide.